One of the best and most fun things about my Avantgarde Duo speakers .....

joeinid

Super Moderator
Is that I can play with amps that are totally unusable on average sensitivity speakers.

Dennis Had, formerly of Cary Audio fame, makes and sells his Inspire and/or Fire Bottle line of flea watt amps on eBay.

I got a pair of his 45 SET Inspire mono amps. Holy cr@p these are wonderful. They actually live and breathe. There’s an undeniable life and naturalness about these amps.

At a blistering 2 watts per channel, it’s more than enough to blow me out of my listening seat.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 74A78966-6803-40B2-96FB-A01B329DB253.jpeg
    74A78966-6803-40B2-96FB-A01B329DB253.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 242
  • A93DC547-F00E-477F-852D-3C6FCCE691D1.jpeg
    A93DC547-F00E-477F-852D-3C6FCCE691D1.jpeg
    879.4 KB · Views: 236
  • 8443DBB0-A859-43A1-A0DD-2E7D50BE799D.jpeg
    8443DBB0-A859-43A1-A0DD-2E7D50BE799D.jpeg
    485.8 KB · Views: 232
Totally agree. I’d love to try more low watt options like these with my AG’s.

You’re a man possessed right now, Joe! Good for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree. I’d love to try more low watt options like these with my AG’s.

You’re a man possessed right now, Joe! Good for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy am I. Absolutely possessed. But I love it.

Last edited:
Joe

It's just a straight power amp like the Inspire should work fine with the LTA. Quite a few of the guys on AC bought their headphone amps.

I’ll take a hard look at it, could be another great amp. I love the look of it too.

These Dennis Had 45 monos have really settled in and warmed up. I am ecstatic. They are smooth and a little creamy with amazing separation and a wonderful flow to the music. I love SET. Good recordings sound spectacular and not so good recordings or streams sound great. I never expected to be able to listen to flea watt amps and speakers like my Duos are perfect to experience these little bottles of magic.

Just curious, through all the amps that you have tried over the years, have you ever used Ayon, Graaf or Unison? I've never heard them on Avantgarde speakers but on others they've always sounded excellent. Also, years ago at CEDIA in Indianapolis I heard Avantgarde paired with BAT. One of the best systems I've ever heard, even in a show setting.

Just curious, through all the amps that you have tried over the years, have you ever used Ayon, Graaf or Unison? I've never heard them on Avantgarde speakers but on others they've always sounded excellent. Also, years ago at CEDIA in Indianapolis I heard Avantgarde paired with BAT. One of the best systems I've ever heard, even in a show setting.

I’ve not personally heard either Ayon, Graaf or Unison but I’ve read of Avantgarde owners using Ayon and loving it. Their 30wpc SET in particular (the model escapes me at the moment).

You had to mention BAT? Mike fell in love with a local Avantgarde owner near him using a BAT VK-55SE, I think. I’ve been a little obsessed ever since but they run hot as heck. That would be out as a summer amp but certainly welcome in the fall and especially winter. I’m seriously thinking about BAT.

I’ve not personally heard either Ayon, ..........

You had to mention BAT? Mike fell in love with a local Avantgarde owner near him using a BAT VK-55SE, I think. I’ve been a little obsessed ........... I’m seriously thinking about BAT.

Ahhh, I wondered......

I’ve not personally heard either Ayon, Graaf or Unison but I’ve read of Avantgarde owners using Ayon and loving it. Their 30wpc SET in particular (the model escapes me at the moment).

You had to mention BAT? Mike fell in love with a local Avantgarde owner near him using a BAT VK-55SE, I think. I’ve been a little obsessed ever since but they run hot as heck. That would be out as a summer amp but certainly welcome in the fall and especially winter. I’m seriously thinking about BAT.

I think the big Avantgarde's (whatever the top model was back in 2005ish) that I listened to were paired with the 75SE's. My friend had the 75SE's running Reference 3A MM DeCapo's and it was magical. Although they do run hot I don't remember them running hotter than any other tube amps I've been around.

Joe

It is incredible when one finds equipment which under normal circumstances would never had crossed your path and then it becomes a magical experience.

Just enjoy it and happy hunting in finding the music that makes the system sing ...

Take care.

J

Joeinid

It is incredible when one finds equipment which under normal circumstances would never had crossed your path and then it becomes a magical experience.

Just enjoy it and happy hunting in finding the music that makes the system sing ...

Take care.

J

Thank you so much. I have to say these Dennis Had 45 amps are absolutely wonderful. Just a magical midrange, full bottom and sweet highs. I absolutely love the vocals.

W5LE silver glow.jpg
WA5 (2nd gen) Headphone/Integrated Amplifier
BTO, ships in 2–3 weeks

always loved Woo amps for headphones and they also have 300b speaker adjustable settings
attachment.php

Attachments

• download-woo.jpg
    download-woo.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 193
Last edited by a moderator:
Back