Klaudio: Can you add a cleaning agent?

Golucid

Taking a break
As you all know, I have acquired myself a bunch of Vinyl Cleaning Machines. I just ordered another one today...stay tuned!

Anyway...

I just called Klaudio. Tim is in Munich right now. I spoke with Todd. I spoke to him at length about adding additives such as a surfactant, vinegar or other cleaning elements. I learned the following:

Todd emphasized that what they 'Klaudio' does not know is the interaction between the hardware [metal and non-metal components] and chemicals. Todd specifically drove concerns about harm coming to the ‘O’ Rings that are made of EPDM Rubber. Though, he believes [unverified] that a trace/small amount of additive will not cause harm. Again, an unknown variable.

I further asked, if someone returned the unit and had used an additive, is this observable on your end? Todd’s answered, no, not really. The damage would have to be visually apparent or detectable by scent. Of course, lab testing equipment could be used to see if any actives were used if Klaudio was to explore to such an extent.

He emphasized, proceed at your own risk!

I really enjoyed talking with Todd. I told him all about my many cleaning machine set ups and what I am doing. He asked that I keep him in the loop and gave me his email address.

Todd was really receptive and I really appreciated his positive attitude. Very nice guy!

The design goals for KLaudio LP cleaner from the beginning were to clean the LPs without leaving substrates after cleaning and not to make contacts or remove any of the micro grooves leaving the LPs the way they were originally pressed while adding convenience to LP cleaning ritual.

To use a cleaning agent, there's a chance some of the chemical would be left behind even if vigorous rinsing can be performed.

Ki

Back