jwhite613's System (Pictures & Comments)

jwhite613

Here is a picture of our system. Little messy right now still remodeling. We need to buy a couple of HDMI cables of correct length. We are debating if we will keep the home theater part of our system. Also this summer we plan to have an electrician friend come in and install dedicated circuits. We also need to finish painting. The afghan in the right corner is draped on a box, it looks terrible but until I can afford real sound treatments it stays. The system sounds better with it there.

IMG_4723.jpg

Looks good Jeff. I kinda' miss my 402 seeing yours there... Do you have another room where the HT stuff can go and free this room up for just 2-channel? Are those hockey pucks under the VPI? Love it!

By "we" I'm assuming you and Jessica?!!!

Doug... HT either stays in the same room or it goes. We really don't watch a lot of movies anymore. We bought the B&W Soundbar and really like it for TV shows. We need to try it out on some movies. That will be the deciding factor if we stay with HT. I did the hockey puck shelf yesterday. Jeff W. told me to try one shelf from an old Lovan rack we have and place that on the point protectors on top of the Billy Bags stand. My better half is Judy.

I'm not one to talk of room treatments, since I don't have any, but I'm sure others will suggest some options. I think the TV looks fine there and even if it came down any sound reflections you get bouncing off of it will just bounce off the brick so not much of a difference. Some plants on the fireplace, real or otherwise, might help. Fresh paint is always a nice bonus. I like it! :)

I'm not one to talk of room treatments, since I don't have any, but I'm sure others will suggest some options. I think the TV looks fine there and even if it came down any sound reflections you get bouncing off of it will just bounce off the brick so not much of a difference. Some plants on the fireplace, real or otherwise, might help. Fresh paint is always a nice bonus. I like it! :)

Doug... Thanks for the plant idea, done!

Jeff...just a suggestion

First, I have to say ...AWESOME equipment...Like a candy store for audiophiles...LOL

Ok, Aesthetics.

I cant see the right or left wall..but what would really make that room look cool ...leave the TV in place as well as the fireplace...get it wired behind (your electrician friend) for the TV lines, sound bar, etc. ..for the audio equipment, cable boxes, etc, choose either the left or right wall and build a cabinet, rack, whatever. No one says you have to FACE the equipment. The speakers to the left and right of the fireplace. It will look very clean then ...get your wife (Judy ? ) to do some decorating on teh fireplace hearth..some lanterns, candles, what ever...

Just picture it with that clean face on look with a neat rack to the side..size order. Amps low, smaller equipment on thinner shelves..flat table top area for TT's.

I am no interior decorator and I am not saying its wrong, but I sense you want to go with a cleaner pro look as opposed to audiophile COLLECTOR. ;) You have some beautiful equipment but presentation is everything...

Hope this helps :o

Jeff, good stuff. I waited until I got the right house & then went all out to set the system up, to the eye & ear.

Back