It was time for a new TV

Mike

Audioshark
Staff member
bd3375c4b4b5a4dd4bae6ace5b4eb7e2.jpg

Not OLED, but apparently this will be better in a room with a lot of light.

Z9D. Apparently it’s pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, Mike! I have been researching Sony sets and will have to check this one out. Been primarily interested in the X900F.

Let us know your thoughts, especially how it looks in a bright room.

Nice, Mike! I have been researching Sony sets and will have to check this one out. Been primarily interested in the X900F.

Let us know your thoughts, especially how it looks in a bright room.

Will do. My wife is out of town for a few days, so I had to do this now. :)

Mike.......Sony's premium 4K televisions are superb. Congratulations. I know you were set on a 75" OLED but I don't think your new set will disappoint you. The good thing is you won't have to worry about screen burn in from the static displays many channels paste on the screen.

Mike.......Sony's premium 4K televisions are superb. Congratulations. I know you were set on a 75" OLED but I don't think your new set will disappoint you. The good thing is you won't have to worry about screen burn in from the static displays many channels paste on the screen.

Thanks. I had read the one I got is better than the Sony OLED in well lit rooms. Don't know.

Mike.......You will be amazed at the brightness, contrast, and remarkable black levels that Sony's full array LED back lighting produces. The dynamic range will knock your socks off. TV's this good can turn you into a binge watching couch potato.

Mike.......You will be amazed at the brightness, contrast, and remarkable black levels that Sony's full array LED back lighting produces. The dynamic range will knock your socks off. TV's this good can turn you into a binge watching couch potato.

I’m really looking forward to it. The OLED they said would be better in a dark room, but the one I got would be better in a rather bright room. Here’s mine, and there’s more windows on the other side.

0de97a45fa7161be83c974a810dce4cd.jpg

Congrats Mike!

I just got two Sony 900 series 4K TVs -- 65" for bedroom and 75" for living room. Compared side by side with OLED and for the big price difference I didn't notice a major difference. Picture is great on these, obviously more so with 4K material.

Mike, what system do you have in the tree house? :-)

Always loved the picture on Sony sets.

I’m really looking forward to it. The OLED they said would be better in a dark room, but the one I got would be better in a rather bright room. Here’s mine, and there’s more windows on the other side.

0de97a45fa7161be83c974a810dce4cd.jpg

amazing... I am looking at the EXACT same TV. Look forward to your thoughts on this. I'm struggling with the OLED vs LED scenario. It's so hard to turn away from OLED... Any general opinions out there from those in the know? My last TV was bought 4 years ago, and it's already a different universe out there.

Mike, I can relate to the bright room problem. Our family room has several large windows so we have had to compromise on TV's that are bright and that have non reflective screens. We still own an older Sony XBR that has been retired to a bedroom and it still gives a good picture. You can't go wrong with a high end Sony though. The non OLED high end Sony's look better than some OLED TV's including Sony's OLED's from what I have seen.

bd3375c4b4b5a4dd4bae6ace5b4eb7e2.jpg

Not OLED, but apparently this will be better in a room with a lot of light.

Z9D. Apparently it’s pretty good.

I love mine. I also recently bought a 65" Sony XBR900F for my general purpose TV, and while it is very nice. The Z9D is clearly better. Enjoy.

Back