I'm trying diffusers from Japan

Michaels HiFi

Pictured here is the AGS MINI vs a typical 2' x 2' 2D square diffuser.

I'll cover the differences in performance more in a follow up, but the short take is much to my surprise the AGS MINI diffuser kicked the butt of the square 2D diffuser.

Pictured speaker: Tobian 12FH

Audiophile. HiFi. Loudspeaker. Mancave..jpg

Nihon Onkyo Engineering, these are part of their "Acoustic Grove System." I've heard rooms that use these in their various sizes at Munich High End 2019 and recently at AXPONA; they are excellent and the results are impressive.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Nihon Onkyo Engineering, these are part of their "Acoustic Grove System." I've heard rooms that use these in their various sizes at Munich High End 2019 and recently at AXPONA; they are excellent and the results are impressive.

I've got the floor diffusors, the mini (as shown), two large ones to go on the side of the room and the two thinner ones to go behind the speakers.

I've tried numerous acoustic treatments over the years, and so far these are proving to be exceptional performers and you don't need that many in the room.

They are not cheap, but they are heavy, solid, and much better built than any of the other wood brands/versions I've tried over the years. Plus much of that cost I'm sure is the shipping.

Here is another picture with additional ones in the pic on how they are set up:

55 copy.png

Is that table/desk between the speakers a hard requirement? It would be interesting to see the floorstanding AGS in place of the desk vs the small AGS on top of the desk.

Is that table/desk between the speakers a hard requirement? It would be interesting to see the floorstanding AGS in place of the desk vs the small AGS on top of the desk.

I did try with and without the console table there. Tough to see in the pics but the speakers are a couple feet out from it.

Behind the table I have 6" GIK absorbers.

I found comparing no table with just GIK (I never removed the GIK's), table with just AGS mini on top, table with Mini in front of table, and mini with the two additional tall AGS the best sound by far was with the console and combo of AGS's with the mini on the table.

I keep everything in my room on sliders so I can try many combo's easily. :)

Back