Holiday Tradition: Raid Dealer's Showroom!

BayStBroker

Some people favor Christmas Carols, eggnog, or mistletoe this time of year. For me the best part of Christmas is that my generous-spirited dealer, Mark Jones, closes for a week or so and his showroom gear gets loaded into the trunks of various clients and prospective clients for at home testing.

This year I have the Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Integrated, for which I have immediately developed a strong affinity. The sound over the Magico S3 Mk2's is perfectly lovely in every way I can conceive. Forget binge watching Netflix series. For me, there is nothing better than having a superb new component in the house that makes me want to binge-listen to all of my favourite music.

Instead of my dreaded in-laws, the Constellation 1.0 is my house guest for the holidays. This combination of circumstances may make 2018 the "best Christmas ever"!

Some people favor Christmas Carols, eggnog, or mistletoe this time of year. For me the best part of Christmas is that my generous-spirited dealer, Mark Jones, closes for a week or so and his showroom gear gets loaded into the trunks of various clients and prospective clients for at home testing.

This year I have the Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Integrated, for which I have immediately developed a strong affinity. The sound over the Magico S3 Mk2's is perfectly lovely in every way I can conceive. Forget binge watching Netflix series. For me, there is nothing better than having a superb new component in the house that makes me want to binge-listen to all of my favourite music.

Instead of my dreaded in-laws, the Constellation 1.0 is my house guest for the holidays. This combination of circumstances may make 2018 the "best Christmas ever"!

Great post. Great dealer. Great amp. To me, Constellation sounds like tubes, doesn’t get hot and is made in the USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must report that after the initial shine of novelty it became obvious that the 100 watt 1.0 lacks the weight and power to bring out all that my S3 Mk2's can deliver. But all of the detail and musicality together with much of the speed is preserved by using the 1.0 as a pre-amp to feed my BHK300s. The gravity of the presentation is restored. I'd love to experiment with a more powerful Constellation amp.

I must report that after the initial shine of novelty it became obvious that the 100 watt 1.0 lacks the weight and power to bring out all that my S3 Mk2's can deliver. But all of the detail and musicality together with much of the speed is preserved by using the 1.0 as a pre-amp to feed my BHK300s. The gravity of the presentation is restored. I'd love to experiment with a more powerful Constellation amp.

You need some Taurus monos! [emoji6]. The Constellation preamp is great. Glad you’re enjoying it.

Back