GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter

Mike

Audioshark
Staff member
Suncoast Audio is now a reseller of the GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter. We have been testing one out in the store for a few weeks and the improvements are not subtle. The GigaFoil removes all the noise from the line and improves a variety of areas sonically. Much more natural, more transparent, better microdetail retrieval, etc.

A review of the GigaFoil V4 can be found here:

https://www.audiostream.com/content/djm-electronics-gigafoilv4-–-inline-ethernet-filter

More product info here:

https://www.djmelectronics.com/gigafoilv4-inline-ethernet-filter.html

MSRP is $570 including shipping. Contact me if you would like to order one.

Suncoast Audio is now a reseller of the GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter. We have been testing one out in the store for a few weeks and the improvements are not subtle. The GigaFoil removes all the noise from the line and improves a variety of areas sonically. Much more natural, more transparent, better microdetail retrieval, etc.

A review of the GigaFoil V4 can be found here:

https://www.audiostream.com/content/djm-electronics-gigafoilv4-–-inline-ethernet-filter

More product info here:

https://www.djmelectronics.com/gigafoilv4-inline-ethernet-filter.html

MSRP is $570 including shipping. Contact me if you would like to order one.

I’ve had mine for several months and it’s amazing. All noise is removed off the line. This improves transparency, dynamics and soundstage. There are no downsides. Put your best Ethernet cable between the Filter and your DAC and you’ll be amazed by what you hear (or don’t hear).

Best,
Ken

Interesting. I wonder how it would compare to SOTM 10G switch (via fiber to some TP link receiver).

Just to add, I will be able to add the iFi iPower for anyone who wants one for the GigaFoil. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike
Where in the chain did you place the unit? Just before the MSB's or Lumin's ethernet input? Did you then insert a AQ ethernet between the GigaFoil device and the DAC/Renderer?

Mike
Where in the chain did you place the unit? Just before the MSB's or Lumin's ethernet input? Did you then insert a AQ ethernet between the GigaFoil device and the DAC/Renderer?

Ethernet cable from wall to GigaFoil to AQ Diamond Ethernet to MSB Select II Roon Renderer module.

Ethernet cable from wall to GigaFoil to AQ Diamond Ethernet to MSB Select II Roon Renderer module.

Thanks. That is what I figured.

By any chance did you try it with a more standard connection between the Gigafoil and Renderer? Actually this device would allow me to insert a "quality" ethernet cable after my long run of ethernet cable from my switch upstairs to the connection on my Upsampler.

By any chance did you try it with a more standard connection between the Gigafoil and Renderer? Actually this device would allow me to insert a "quality" ethernet cable after my long run of ethernet cable from my switch upstairs to the connection on my Upsampler.

Yes. The diamond is worth it. More details and transparency. It’s getting fed a clean signal and really shines.

Hi Jim,

I have 5 high-end Ethernet cables in my network and my GigaFoilv4 Ethernet Filter also resides just before my Select II DAC’s Renderer Input Module. I did some A/B comparisons with some low cost Blue Jean Ethernet cables and the high-end Ethernet cable located between the GigaFoilv4 and the Renderer Input Module by far has the greatest impact on the sound quality. That’s where you want to spend your money. A long run of a lower cost Ethernet cable elsewhere in the network has little impact on the overall sound quality.

Best,
Ken

Just to add, I will be able to add the iFi iPower for anyone who wants one for the GigaFoil. Highly recommended.

I replaced the GigaFoilv4 Ethernet Filter’s stock power supply with the IFI 5 volt 2.5 amp power supply and it sounded significantly better. The IFI won’t be going anywhere.

Ken

This is an interesting product and uses optic fiber internally for isolation. We're now seeing more audio products adopting this concept.

This is an interesting product and uses optic fiber internally for isolation. We're now seeing more audio products adopting this concept.

I spoke with the owner of DJM and he said they do some things differently on the GigaFoilv4 Filter than the competition on which they have patents pending.

Ken

Mike / Ken

I have one long run to my AQVox SE switch using good stock cable, and from there high end cables to my DAC and Server, the switch is grounded with a Nordost QKore using their RJ45 grounding wire and the switch also has a grounding nut to support a chassis ground but I have not used that.

I am wondering with my current set up that also yields very good results and has climbed from non audio switches, and lesser quality cables if this will make a difference placing this before the switch as opposed to after. My switch feeds my Brinkmann DAC for Roon/Tidal and the Aurender N10 also for Tidal and downloads.

Also I’m thinking if the box has optic fiber, then shouldn’t the line in and out be the same?

Is there a try before you buy program?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back