Conrad Johnson ART27A Stereo Triode Tube Amp

joeinid

Super Moderator
attachment.php

KT88’s running in Triode Mode. It also runs in Pure Class-A Operation. At 36 (4 ohms) watts per channel.

Attachments

• C2907601-752A-43BB-9D9B-BA193E9A8F9A.png
    C2907601-752A-43BB-9D9B-BA193E9A8F9A.png
    616.7 KB · Views: 433
Re: Conrad Johnson ART27 Triode Tube Amp

Gotta give'em credit, CJ just keeps on going! So good to see they have not slowed down!

is that GIANT CONRAD JOHNSON nameplate some sort of April fools joke??

seriously, get rid of it and back to the classy understated conrad-johnson.

personally, I will never buy another conrad johnson piece if that pig ugly in capitals name stays.

personally, I will never buy another conrad johnson piece if that pig ugly in capitals name stays.

I agree Shane.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I’m not sure that’s the final design but I bet that amp is insanely awesome sounding. I’d probably deal with it. :)

Last edited:
In the tradition of CJ, I would expect this to be a great sounding amp. I do agree that the brand label may be a bit too large.

+2

They shoud fire the graphics designer who put that awful logo on the front panel !

Hopefully the large logo glows and flashes different colours at night. NOT!!

Lew Johnson retires and this is the garbage styling cj gets. :weird:

Hey folks... let's lighten up a bit. What we all want is the C-J sound and build quality... which is as good as ever. They will get the message on graphics. It's only a stencil. Bet you could even order it stencil free. If you need big style, you be running the doctors HiFi, like McIntosh or MBL at substantial additional cost for styling.

My ART Stereo amp is still looking good!

Best...:congrats:

Hey folks... let's lighten up a bit. What we all want is the C-J sound and build quality... which is as good as ever. They will get the message on graphics. It's only a stencil. Bet you could even order it stencil free. If you need big style, you be running the doctors HiFi, like McIntosh or MBL at substantial additional cost for styling.

My ART Stereo amp is still looking good!

Best...:congrats:

People love to express their opinions and bitch. This was a 2 for 1 deal. Sounds like some people cried themselves to sleep over the new logo.

People love to express their opinions and bitch. This was a 2 for 1 deal. Sounds like some people cried themselves to sleep over the new logo.

LOL. I am still crying myself to sleep over this garbage styling :D

Map. Is there a reason why it's so distasteful that we can't express our opinions and bitch?

I have never bitched about anything regarding conrad johnson, except some complaints about the GAT being hard on new production 6922 tubes. Interestingly, they changed the tubes on the GAT.

I really hope Conrad Johnson listen to the public's bitching, as I have not read one person complimenting the logo change.

If I were guessing here, I'd suspect that Jeff (CJ Owner) is probably beginning to make his own statement on what is now his company.
I've met with him in person a few times briefly and from my own assessment he's 110% committed to CJ, is a brilliant guy, has always been very helpful, and...he probably wants to put his "mark" on CJ going forward.

No doubt that had I had the chance, I may have changed the CJ Logo somewhat also, highly unlikely I'd have picked what Jeff did, but having said all this, If I were in the market for the new amp, I'd buy the '27A in a heartbeat, BIG LOGO :P or not. :D

LOL. I am still crying myself to sleep over this garbage styling :D

Map. Is there a reason why it's so distasteful that we can't express our opinions and bitch?

I have never bitched about anything regarding conrad johnson, except some complaints about the GAT being hard on new production 6922 tubes. Interestingly, they changed the tubes on the GAT.

I really hope Conrad Johnson listen to the public's bitching, as I have not read one person complimenting the logo change.

So here's the deal: If you and others hate the new logo with a passion, why not contact CJ directly and ask them to change it? Start a petition drive and get signatures. Maybe you can start a boycott of Cj products until they change the logo back to what it was. After all, didn't you say on AN that when you saw the new logo it ruined your day which I had a strong reaction to?

I’m trying not to think about this amp. It could be awesome on my Avantgarde.

mep,

there’s nothing wrong with anyone venting their opinion about a product. Why stoke everyone to extremes. If I were to order one, I’d ask about a different front plate or a blank if I were serious. In the grand scheme of things, it wouldn’t stop me from buying one. Period.

Back