Clarisys Piccolo Getting Ready for the California Show

Mike

Audioshark
Staff member
433150bc50816de47f183085e83351a3.jpeg

62b38ba6bd9817fada9002c76c727e91.jpeg

471476974467734a6ff46a1b066368f7.jpeg

All aluminum construction. $19,995/pair. Anyone that heard the prototype at Axpona was blown away. This final version is even better. 95 pounds/each.

Our California dealer, Audio Cafe will be demonstrating them at the California show in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

433150bc50816de47f183085e83351a3.jpeg

62b38ba6bd9817fada9002c76c727e91.jpeg

471476974467734a6ff46a1b066368f7.jpeg

All aluminum construction. $19,995/pair. Anyone that heard the prototype at Axpona was blown away. This final version is even better. 95 pounds/each.

Our California dealer, Audio Cafe will be demonstrating them at the California show in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Absolutely beautiful speaker, Mike!

Love the colors!

Mike, I heard the prototype at AXPONA 2024 and was thoroughly impressed; amazed is more like it.

Can you suggest a minimum room size (width/length) for the Piccolo? If that is too open ended a question, the minimum distance from front wall and side walls would be helpful. Thanks.

Mike, I heard the prototype at AXPONA 2024 and was thoroughly impressed; amazed is more like it.

Can you suggest a minimum room size (width/length) for the Piccolo? If that is too open ended a question, the minimum distance from front wall and side walls would be helpful. Thanks.

10 x 12 or larger is fine.

188a3cf868c3a84b1868cc31c94d581d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike, is there a neodymium version of the Piccolo? If yes, how much is the Neo option? Thanks
Not at this time. We did everything possible to bring it under $20k. A Neo version would have pushed it closer to $25-30K. The vision was something to offer as a great alternate to you $20k Focal’s, KEF’s, etc. I will tell you, BOM/labor costs far exceeded the original target.. But the Piccolo is seen as an opportunity to bring a lot more people into the brand. The Minuet Plus is the next step up at this point. The Minuet Plus in our showroom with the little VAC i170iQ SE using either the MSB Discrete or the little Aqua LaScala (now with Mazda tubes that we put in) is a must hear.

On their way back to me from the show, the Piccolo’s are going for review. Keep an eye out for that review in the coming months.

Not at this time. We did everything possible to bring it under $20k. A Neo version would have pushed it closer to $25-30K. The vision was something to offer as a great alternate to you $20k Focal’s, KEF’s, etc. I will tell you, BOM/labor costs far exceeded the original target.. But the Piccolo is seen as an opportunity to bring a lot more people into the brand. The Minuet Plus is the next step up at this point. The Minuet Plus in our showroom with the little VAC i170iQ SE using either the MSB Discrete or the little Aqua LaScala (now with Mazda tubes that we put in) is a must hear.

On their way back to me from the show, the Piccolo’s are going for review. Keep an eye out for that review in the coming months.
I'll definitely be on the lookout for the Clarisys Piccolo review. Having heard it at AXPONA 2024 the review should be a good read.

Regarding a Neo version of the Piccolo, one of the aspects of the Clarisys design I appreciate is the 88dB efficiency of the neodymium magnets. IIRC, the ferrous magnets reduce the efficiency to 86 dB. That's fairly significant for a speaker model intended as an entry level product.

Regardless, the Piccolo is a mighty mite and its performance is beyond anything I have heard at the price point .

I'll definitely be on the lookout for the Clarisys Piccolo review. Having heard it at AXPONA 2024 the review should be a good read.

Regarding a Neo version of the Piccolo, one of the aspects of the Clarisys design I appreciate is the 88dB efficiency of the neodymium magnets. IIRC, the ferrous magnets reduce the efficiency to 86 dB. That's fairly significant for a speaker model intended as an entry level product.

Regardless, the Piccolo is a mighty mite and its performance is beyond anything I have heard at the price point .
We understate the efficiency of out product line like BMW with it's engines. The reference standard is to measure at 1KHz with 1 Watt Input. This is however quite flawed because of the dipole effect, near or far point reflection and the other frequencies. Low frequencies require way more power output where our design due to voicing is way more efficient. Our numbers are also taken single channel and 8ft from all walls.

In reality you can power them with anything above 30 watt without any issues at all. Even the mighty Auditorium Plus playing Yello Live in Berlin at 96db at 20ft listening distance peaks at 57 watts per channel.

Honestly, most claimed efficiency numbers are BS and we are very conservative. More important is that our speakers have ZERO resistors and have a flat impedance response over frequency.

Cheers

Last edited:
Wish I could have gone to the show Sunday, but I was dealing with the whole Microsoft BSoD/Crowdstrike airline scheduling "disaster" this last weekend flying home from Washington state.

Good lord....

I went to a family wedding in Estes Park Friday. Spent 2 extra nights in Denver Airport (I do recommend the Westin there), before just making it into the house at 12:30 this morning. Really did not like missing those 2 work days. Retiring at the end of the year, I’ll have time to sit around next year.

We did decide to drive Mobile -> Seattle before Christmas. Wife says no plane travel for awhile. The logistics of trade with a medium sized dog, and a cockatiel were just too much. For grins I priced charter jet travel - $50k! We had a good laugh at that.

We understate the efficiency of out product line like BMW with it's engines. The reference standard is to measure at 1KHz with 1 Watt Input. This is however quite flawed because of the dipole effect, near or far point reflection and the other frequencies. Low frequencies require way more power output where our design due to voicing is way more efficient. Our numbers are also taken single channel and 8ft from all walls.

In reality you can power them with anything above 30 watt without any issues at all. Even the mighty Auditorium Plus playing Yello Live in Berlin at 96db at 20ft listening distance peaks at 57 watts per channel.

Honestly, most claimed efficiency numbers are BS and we are very conservative. More important is that our speakers have ZERO resistors and have a flat impedance response over frequency.

Cheers
:)

I went to a family wedding in Estes Park Friday. Spent 2 extra nights in Denver Airport (I do recommend the Westin there), before just making it into the house at 12:30 this morning. Really did not like missing those 2 work days. Retiring at the end of the year, I’ll have time to sit around next year.

We did decide to drive Mobile -> Seattle before Christmas. Wife says no plane travel for awhile. The logistics of trade with a medium sized dog, and a cockatiel were just too much. For grins I priced charter jet travel - $50k! We had a good laugh at that.
Yeah, the MS/Crowdstrike "bug" really scr*wed over a LOT of folks with respect to their travel plans. Delta passengers were still impacted well into this week. What a "cluster"....good lord.

Back