Chasing The Dragon Audiophile Recordings

chasingthedragon

Hello Everyone!

It's Mike Valentine of Chasing The Dragon Audiophile Recordings. I hope you do not mind, but I just wanted to mention our latest tape releases. Although we only started the company about 6 years ago we have now created 10 copy master titles. I know that some companies create their tapes from digital files, however I believe that every time they do that, God kills a puppy!

At CTD we always run our 1/2'' Studer A820 with a separate feed from the Neve desk so that we can create a running copy master which has not been taken from any other source than analogue. In the same way we also record our High Res digital separately, so that we can also offer CDs and downloads.

As a matter of interest several people have approached us asking if we could supply our albums on 7'' spools at 7.5 ips. Obviously many people in the world use smaller machines which cannot take 10.5'' spools. We have now responded to those requests and now supply all of our titles on this smaller format. They are recorded in the same way, using our Studer A820s in 1/2 track format which still plays on 1/4 track heads, where they still seem to sound great. Ken Kessler of HiFi News and Record Review is currently writing about a comparison between vinyl, CD and our copy master tapes at 15 ips and 7.5 ips which should in the next few months make for some very interesting reading!

Recently we had the pleasure of recording 5 live concerts in Venice where we created a live double album on all of our formats. Carrying a Studer A810 with us to create an analogue master for our copy master tapes, was only possible due to the strength of my nephews back! It's the first recording where I was able to use audiophile cables from our AKG C12 valve microphones, right through the recording chain and the added jump factor, because of this, has to be heard to be believed. Remember many recording engineers don't think that cables make a difference. For them, there are always cotton buds!

Thanks for reading my blurb and happy listening!

Kind regards,

Mike

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 7inchmastertapes.jpg
    7inchmastertapes.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 75
  • new_tapes.jpg
    new_tapes.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 77
  • VIVALDI-IN-VENICE-GATEFOLD.jpg
    VIVALDI-IN-VENICE-GATEFOLD.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 79
I recommend the new Eleanor McEvoy Forgotten Dreams which can be downloaded from the Dragon site in various formats.

S

It's the first recording where I was able to use audiophile cables from our AKG C12 valve microphones, right through the recording chain and the added jump factor, because of this, has to be heard to be believed. Remember many recording engineers don't think that cables make a difference. For them, there are always cotton buds!

Haaallelujah,
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah :yahoo1:
If you noticed, I´m singing. :lol:I think this is the first time (to me) someone put the professionals' ears in check. In many discussions about cables, audio_scepticals argue with the fact that professional sound technicians do not subscrive the importance of cables. Finally some professional says they really matter. Thank you. I feel a tremendous relief. :congrats:

Back