Ayre Acoustics QX-5 Twenty Digital Hub

Awesome Mike, can't wait for your opinion.

YES! I have one coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keen to hear your thoughts. I have the Codex in my summer house and think it is really nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had the Ayre QB9 DSD DAC. It held it's own against some much more expensive DACs. I'd love to hear the QX-5.

Any updates on the QX-5? I should have mine soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any hands on experience with the QX-5, but have been reading excellent user reviews about its performance. One user claims that both he and his dealer prefer it to the latest Berkeley Reference DAC Series 2 which the dealer also represents. Nice that it also integrates network streaming functionality.

Here's a little tidbit to stir the pot ....

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...%96-digital-hub-28422/index15.html#post603030

attachment.php

Attachments

• qx5 ctsooner.png
    qx5 ctsooner.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 30
  • qx5 posts.png
    qx5 posts.png
    191.8 KB · Views: 188
Yes, Ayre was the first to use the new TOTL 9038PRO. Other DACs are now being released using either the 9028 or 9038 from Wyred 4 Sound, Oppo, exaSound, Accuphase, etc.

Yes, Ayre was the first to use the new TOTL 9038PRO. Other DACs are now being released using either the 9028 or 9038 from Wyred 4 Sound, Oppo, exaSound, Accuphase, etc.

Wyred4Sound is using 9038PRO in their DAC-2v2 SE builds.

"Our flagship, special edition DAC-2v2 SE builds on the DAC-2v2 and is a tour-de-force in DAC technology and a bonafide reference product by any standard. The new top-of-the-line ESS Sabre 9038PRO is at its core, providing unparalleled performance and the industry's highest dynamic range (DNR)."

https://wyred4sound.com/products/digital-converters/dac-v2-series

When I mentioned other DACs being released some of which use the 9038 I left off the PRO suffix, but to my knowledge a 9038 non-PRO version has not been released.

Awesome, thank you so much for posting that link.

Hmmm, wonder what Ayre's demo system looks like? :D

Thanks, audio.bill.

If I did not get it wrong, Ariel Brown mentioned that ALL inputs, including SPDIF and AES/EBU are asynchronous. Wonder if they strip the incoming clock and re-clock using the internal Morion crystal clock.

The description by Charles Hansen about how they chanced upon Morion is interesting. A different perspective from that of external clock manufacturers.

Back