Anyone hear the Auditorium 23 Hommage Cinema?

attachment.php

Looks pretty cool!

Attachments

• P1070211_2.jpg
    P1070211_2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 153
attachment.php

Looks pretty cool!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as always. I would be afraid that people would mistake them for mailboxes and try to shove their mail down the horn throat.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as always. I would be afraid that people would mistake them for mailboxes and try to shove their mail down the horn throat.

LOL! Right, because Postal Service mailboxes are installed in private homes. :P

So how many more speakers are you going to journey to hear before you make your decision?

Does it really matter? I think what I've learned on my journey is the grass isn't always greener despite the $$$$.

YG Sonja 2.2s on mega $ electronics wow'd me for sure, but isn't going to happen financially and without tube amp options
AG Duo XDs were probably my second favorite, but don't believe they work in my new room that is only 14' deep
Stenheim Alumine 5s had a lot of potential and I have continued interest in the brand

Honestly, I just don't think I'm the normal Wilson, Magico, Rockport kind of dude. I want something efficient with tone, nuance/texture, and dynamics. I heard the A23 Hommage Cinemas once and they seemed to do this in a very different manner.

People with that low of an IQ are simply not allowed in my listening room.

People with that low of an IQ are simply not allowed in my listening room.

Even people who aren't considered low IQ do dumb things. It's like seeing a "Wet Paint" sign on a surface that has just been painted and people can't resist touching the surface to see if the paint really is wet. Remember the old days when most malls had a stereo store inside and half the speakers had their dust caps pushed in because people couldn't resist poking them?

Does it really matter? I think what I've learned on my journey is the grass isn't always greener despite the $$$$.

YG Sonja 2.2s on mega $ electronics wow'd me for sure, but isn't going to happen financially and without tube amp options
AG Duo XDs were probably my second favorite, but don't believe they work in my new room that is only 14' deep
Stenheim Alumine 5s had a lot of potential and I have continued interest in the brand

Honestly, I just don't think I'm the normal Wilson, Magico, Rockport kind of dude. I want something efficient with tone, nuance/texture, and dynamics. I heard the A23 Hommage Cinemas once and they seemed to do this in a very different manner.

I agree with you. You are looking for sensitive speaker that jumps to life with little power so you should stay away from sealed and ported speakers that are a nominal 4 ohm impedance with dips to 2 ohms or lower and have hard to drive phase angles. Look for speakers that have a nominal impedance of 8 ohms and that have high sensitivity. As for the "Does it really Matter?" comment, it matters to the dealers that are taking the time setting up a system for you to hear. Time is money.

Thanks for making my point AJ. That is hilarious!
It's first thing I thought of when I saw the mailbox comment ;-).
You're right, someone can be smart, but simply unaware they are looking at what any of us take for granted, a speaker etc.
Now of course, the Hommage would indeed be in a living room...not the place for a mailbox. But the Bose! LOL

For a low power, no NFB amp, that is good advice. This one has that in spades https://www.stereophile.com/content/auditorium-23-hommage-cinema-loudspeaker
Stays entirely above 10 ohms with very high sensitivity. It will however, have an electron microscope effect on any noise/distortion in system....which no NFB certainly won't help.

I was thinking about the amp that he already owns which is the Ref 75. 75 watts of push-pull power and it does have some NFB.

I was thinking about the amp that he already owns which is the Ref 75. 75 watts of push-pull power and it does have some NFB.

Totally agree the ARC isn't an ideal match. But there are several in its price range that are, including Shindo which the speaker was designed with.

As for the "Does it really Matter?" comment, it matters to the dealers that are taking the time setting up a system for you to hear. Time is money.

This I have to totally agree on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree the ARC isn't an ideal match. But there are several in its price range that are, including Shindo which the speaker was designed with.

Which speakers are you referring to? The link AJ posted or 23 Homage?

This I have to totally agree on.

guys, I don't waste dealers' time.

some may buy a $50k speaker on a dime, but that's not me. in fact, i'd argue that most audiophiles jump at the best deal not the best product for them. like that whitecamaro dude on audiogon that has no clue what he's doing.

Last edited:
Back