All my gear is Vintage.

jleon92f

Good morning, Everything I have is vintage, I would say 1970's and up. I like the older stuff. I like the older Pioneer components, My SX-850 system is one, KLH 911B speakers, Luxman PX-100 TT, Mitsubishi DT-40S tape deck. Still working Fine. Thanks John.:cool:

One of my brothers had KLH speakers when I was growing up. He had some awesome systems and I even remember he set up a quad channel rig.

Very Cool system you have put together!
I always liked the Mitsubishi equipment, and love the older Luxman stuff!
My uncle had some big Mitsubishi amps (Late 70's early 80's), and they sounded really good.

The Mitsubishi cassette decks are a really nice IMHO:

mitsu2.jpg

Last edited:
I am having trouble writing on here? This is the 3rd attempt. That is the deck I have, bought two to make one. Thanks, John.
IMG_0006 by jleon92f, on Flickr

Last edited:
I too use vintage. Built the system decades ago and have mostly been happy with it as is. If I get a real bargin, like a Dynaco Stereo 400 for $50 that I can bring back to life I will go for it, but mostly I live with what I have.

Shelly_D

There is something special in great vintage gear.
That was the time where music was the goal. As Jontahan Halpern said once " I want to know why it has been recorded, not how it has been recorded" . This statement could be applied to most great vintage units. Supremely musical.
My MC2205 is better to me than were my 501's and my 2301's.
Less definition for sure, but much more music.
It is also the only amp in my house which really makes the Heresy III sounding fabulous.
I have a MR77 tuner. I had a MR85 also. Sold the 85 and kept the 77. That says all.

^^^What a beauty!

Did you recap, or are they all original?

Last edited:
Still original, I own (2). When it is time to recap I will put the other one into service. I built one of this Model from a kit when I was 11. It did not work right, I had to send it to Heath to get it right. Love the 8 watts of sound!

Attachments

• 1960stereo.JPG
    1960stereo.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 53
  • aa-32 tm-7.JPG
    aa-32 tm-7.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 51
The right combination of components makes the difference. I have a Main system too, a little more modern but, yet vintage. Great hobby, glad to be here! Enjoy your music because that IS why we are here...LOL.

I tried to edit the pictured post above, NG. The pictures were taken in the 1960's.
John.

This word editor does not work right for me either? Enter key does not go to next line? Works now..LOL.

Last edited:
Still learning this software, is there something I have to setup to get it to work for me?

UPDATE: I got it working right..Thanks.

Last edited:
Back