Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Aurender N100H Review

180 does seem like a low number based on my experience so far.
    Anthony
    Analog: VPI Clearaudio Innovation Wood/Kuzma 4Point/Ortofon A95> ASR Basis Exclusive HV---->

Digital: Antipodes CX (Oladra Upgrade)> Cary DMS-600 DAC/Streamer---->
    ...........Cary 306 SACD Professional Disc Player---->

===> Cary SLP-05 (Ultimate Upgrade edition)----> Clayton M-300----> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES/REL 212SX x2

[Synergistic Research/Nordost/Wireworld/Furutech/SRA/Adona/Stillpoints/Track Audio/GIK Acoustics]

you are more than correct, maybe I should keep quiet until I learn how to use it.
    Jeff

Main System-Mola Mola Tambaqui-Antipodes K50-WW Plat 8 ic-Esoteric Grandioso S1 Esoteric C-02x Verity Amadis S-Shunyata Triton V3-Shunyata Typhon QRT
    Shunyata AlphaNR V2 for Tambaqui-Elrod Statement Gold for S1, Elrod gold SCs Shunyata Sigma for Triton. Tubulus Concentus I2S.
    Second System: URC streamer-Wadia 151 Power Dac, MIT Speaker Cables, Wilson Audio Watts and REL sub.
    Third System: Denon AVR, URC Controller and network streamer, Netstreams Musica multi room-True Audio ceiling speakers

Quote Originally Posted by JGlacken View Post
    you are more than correct, maybe I should keep quiet until I learn how to use it.
    Nah...how else will you learn? That's what forums are for bud
    CD

DAC/Pre-amp - PSAudio DsJ > Power-amp - > Speakers - PMC TwentyFive 23s

Thanks Chris, definitely heard a difference with files moved to Aurender local drive. Clearer, more forward and a bit more channel separation. Now to go back and clean up my iTunes library on my mac mini. Going to try the scripts that Chris C recommended on CA only in later versions. Will let you know.
    Jeff

Main System-Mola Mola Tambaqui-Antipodes K50-WW Plat 8 ic-Esoteric Grandioso S1 Esoteric C-02x Verity Amadis S-Shunyata Triton V3-Shunyata Typhon QRT
    Shunyata AlphaNR V2 for Tambaqui-Elrod Statement Gold for S1, Elrod gold SCs Shunyata Sigma for Triton. Tubulus Concentus I2S.
    Second System: URC streamer-Wadia 151 Power Dac, MIT Speaker Cables, Wilson Audio Watts and REL sub.
    Third System: Denon AVR, URC Controller and network streamer, Netstreams Musica multi room-True Audio ceiling speakers

Thanks Chris. It would appear you are correct as I have searched for more info and found Chris from Computer Audiophile with an article that describes going from iTunes on mac to Aurender S10 or any Linux machine. Yikes!
    Here is the link: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/co...-music-server/
    oops, sorry, don't know how to add link here.
    Not sure why some people are trying to complicate this. I've always used iTunes to rip (AIFF format). It integrates perfectly with the Aurender. All you need to do is drop in the cover art file then upload the folder to the Aurender.

Are people having other issues with this (am I missing something)?

Quote Originally Posted by bobwah View Post
    A lot would depend on if you need/want a cd ripper or not.
    I yet to rip 80% of my cd collection thats the only reason I didn't pull the trigger on a n100h.
    Ive got a Antipodes arriving tomorrow so ill find out what software it uses then.
    Most people don't realise that you can in fact plug in a USB CD-rom drive into an Aurender and rip directly. The cost is under $50 these days for a suitable drive. This is nice because you can then remove once done and you don't have a redundant drive sitting there afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade View Post
    Most people don't realise that you can in fact plug in a USB CD-rom drive into an Aurender and rip directly. The cost is under $50 these days for a suitable drive. This is nice because you can then remove once done and you don't have a redundant drive sitting there afterwards.
    I sure didn't! How does it handle tagging?
    CD

Never tried it, I imagine it may connect to a database if connected to the internet, otherwise you'd have to do it manually. I think you'd be far better off ripping on your computer. I just mention it because I think the lack of a CD drive on the Aurender is a pro, not a con like some people suggest. Many work-arounds so that it's a non-issue.

The other benefit of ripping on your PC is that you have a backup of your music by default.

Thanks Chris, definitely heard a difference with files moved to Aurender local drive. Clearer, more forward and a bit more channel separation. Now to go back and clean up my iTunes library on my mac mini. Going to try the scripts that Chris C recommended on CA only in later versions. Will let you know.
    I don't know why that would make a difference. I thought the N100H buffers everything to the internal SSD regardless of where the files are stored.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 XTRM, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Tosca arm; SME 3012R arm, Ortofon Diamond Anna; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Taiko Audio Extreme> Lampizator Horizon, Oppo UDP-203;

A little update and a question:

I have moved all music from NAS to Aurender local drive, I have cleaned up and added album covers and for the most part I am thrilled with the improvement in SQ. Still breaking in, but more room arrow d the instruments, female vocal are in the room and dead quiet background.
    Question, I have about 55 albums that do not show an artist under the album title in the album view. They seem to be set up the same way ones that have artist are set up. Aurender help has suggested I use XLD to tag these. I have used XLD to convert from air to flac, but don't know what they mean by tagging??? Would someone please tell me how to set XLD preferences so that I don't screw up the file already there. Not sure where the artist would go to get it to display on my iPad. Thanks.
    Jeff

Jeff...I don't use XLD; so I can't speak to it...but I can't imagine tagging programs, are that different.

If you have XLD installed...I would suggest, you should be able to right-click on the file (or better yet...select all files, of a particular album for example)

For me...I select Edit ID Tag (but your option, with XLD installed...should be there instead)

And then your tagging options, should look...more or less...like this; where you'd enter meta-data information.

If you're still stuck, let me know; I can walk you through it real quick.
    CD

Huge help Chris, I think I've got it!
    Jeff

Huge help Chris, I think I've got it!
    Cool Jeff

Let us know.
    CD

Well, it works sometimes and sometimes it only tags the first track on the album and names only that track. On XLD it has a spot for track ____ to track____ and I put in the numbers. Could not seem to insert the image here.
    Jeff

Audioshark

Has anyone tried this?

http://www.tuneupmedia.com
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Has anyone tried this?

http://www.tuneupmedia.com
    No Mike; as my tagging is pretty tight But if someone has a TON of files...and is trying to do mass conversion, and/or tagging; looks like a good solution.

It's not the only one; but perhaps it'll turn out to be better or easier.
    CD

Chris,
    I bought dbpoweramp for mac and am using it now. Seems to be the ticket.
    Jeff

Chris,
    I bought dbpoweramp for mac and am using it now. Seems to be the ticket.
    Yeah; dbpoweramp is the gold standard, AFAIC. Good luck!
    CD

Hey Chris, anything I need to do differently with DSD or DVD files?
    Jeff

Hey Chris, anything I need to do differently with DSD or DVD files?
    Well...by DVD, do you mean DVD-A? What's the codec (file format) you've ripped to? As for DSD; if they're "native" .dsf, like mine...my understanding is, they can't be tagged.

Now, Aurender will read Artist, track #, and track title from the file (like 01 - Artist - Song Title.dsf); but my understanding, is the dbpoweramp tagger...cannot tag .dsf (at least I don't get the option to...and it's one of the reasons, some guys are for converting DSD/DSF to FLAC).

That being said...a) it's been a while since I checked, and I need to (so if I find anything out, I'll pass it along); b) might just need a plug-in at this point, and c) some other taggers...might do .dsf.
    CD

Quote Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
    Well...by DVD, do you mean DVD-A? What's the codec (file format) you've ripped to? As for DSD; if they're "native" .dsf, like mine...my understanding is, they can't be tagged.
    Tag & Rename will tag .dsf files. All my DSD albums are tagged with cover art.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 XTRM, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Tosca arm; SME 3012R arm, Ortofon Diamond Anna; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Taiko Audio Extreme> Lampizator Horizon, Oppo UDP-203;

Quote Originally Posted by dminches View Post
    Tag & Rename will tag .dsf files. All my DSD albums are tagged with cover art.
    Yeah...as I said to JG; it had been a while, since I looked into it...and I was pretty sure there was a tweak at the time, and likely a pretty straight-forward solution by now.

I actually had/have Tag & Rename, because I read it was the best mass re-tagger; at a time where I was contemplating that (though Mike's suggestion, seems like it has a lot of potential too).

Also...mp3tag, does .dsf; so there are definitely options now. I'll admit; I've been using, whatever is "built-in" to dbpoweramp for so long...I don't really want to change it up much. I tried to see, if there was an update, or .dsf plug-in; or even really, what dbpoweramp uses.

Can't really tell, though I'll probably just post at Illustrate and figure it out. It might even be, a stripped down version...of mp3tag.
    CD

Is it only windows based?
    Jeff

Hello Folks
    I am still not being able to correctly tag Aiff files (already tagged in windows via properties etc..)
    Example
    Album : Cartography
    Artist : Arve Henriksen
    12 tracks in aiff
    The Aurender still does not see it as a whole album
    One of the tracks is "Unknown"
    Weird ?

Some other FLACS , ripped from dbpoweramp , have the cover not recognised

Weird ?

Any solutions ?

Cheers

Is it only windows based?
    Mp3tag has windows and Mac versions. It is excellent for tagging.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Aurender N100H Review